Return to Website

Black Sisters & Brothers United Network

A Place For You - Of You - By You

Black Sisters & Brothers United Network
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SEGREGATED EDUCATION

THIS IS AN EXCELLENT ARTICLE AND I FULLY SUPPORT SEGREGATED SCHOOLS IF THEY WILL BE PROPERLY FUNDED. LET'S FACE IT, THE SCHOOLS ARE LARGELY SEGREGATED ANYWAY AND I BELIEVE WE WOULD HAVE MORE CONTROL OF THE CURRICULUM AS OPPOSED TO GOING TO INTEGRATED SCHOOLS. MOST WHITE TEACHERS SEEM TO HAVE LOW EXPECTATIONS OF BLACK CHILDREN AND WILL HAVE THEMM SUSPENDED OR EXPELLED FOR THE MOST MINOR OF OFFENSES. BESIDES, BLACK TEACHERS RELATE BETTER TO BLACK STUDENTS AND VICE-VERSA. I SUPPORT THIS 100%

Re: SEGREGATED EDUCATION

When a problem is identified, the source(cause) must be looked at. When dealing in the text of this discussion, the mirror has to be used and what you will see is yourself. Thats where it all starts. We need to find a way that will allow young black men to learn with a vengence as a whole, or at least in numbers that will demand a voice in concerns, that education is the key to self thinking. The box is enclosed and there is but so far one can venture inside the box. Education will open the mind to the many avenues of approach in obtaining goals. In offering solutions, The lead should be "networking" a linking up of the African American community with each other and then to the world. Never have there been a time that we can have a voice as we did during the civil rights era of the 50/60, a period of pride and purpose. The internet is the tool that can reunite that unity. In networking we must link all positives to each other, where it can better aid within the African American community. An example of internet networking would be this site (bsbu-network) where information is shared constantly, hence this is a site that you need to link to other positives on the net. On the entertainment end, and since rap is apparently the forefront in relationship to popularity in reaching the young, we need to encourage the message of education in the flow of the hip hop phase, and also show the brother making the flow off the cd sales, how education will help him hold onto a much of his money,when his mind is educated to manage it. Just lead by example like the young brothers Koolmod and Chuckd, both rappers who got an education both formally and in the life of that which spun them, and now doing many positive things to aid in making the African American community a better place. Lets network and connect this thing one dot at a time. To build an awarness of unity again to its heights of old,we need a vehicle, and the vehicle lies before us now in this "internet technology". Networking is the name of this game. Look for every opportunity network.

Re: Re: SEGREGATED EDUCATION

I dont know if I agree with this completely. The situation is that there are black teachers out there who are just as stereotypical as whites. I have had white teachers who knew more black history then my black teachers. It is about respect. I think that teachers need to learn that all children are different and you cant put all children in same category and think that they will act the way you want them to. You can have children from the same family that will not do the same academically.

I think the teachers have to be trained better. However I think there is a need for segregated education. In places where blacks arent getting taught their history I think there is a strong need.