Black Sisters & Brothers United Network

A Place For You - Of You - By You

Black Sisters & Brothers United Network
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Slaves of Multiculturalism

Yes. It does appear that the black numbers for sell-out is growing more than is comfortable for me too. However, I often wonder if we ourselves are not to blame for this new multiculturalism. Over the past fifty years especially, we have willingly given over our talents, skills and the "god-given" magic of what makes us so awesome as a people here in the states to all facets of western life. From Beyonce & Halle to language, dress and even the new TV Commercial with Bernie Mac in the church pulpit, basketball choir, and basketball player powers, we allow our culture to be watered-down and laughed at.

While some "get paid", most of us are "justifiably" angry and stubborn about having to learn Spanish in job markets, and sitting idly by as America sanctions our brown brothers' american dream, while our own native tongues were forcibly silenced.

Yes. I am just as frustrated by this new multiculturalism. However, to call us slaves of this culture is touchy. Our American Story is actually being written by us. As long as we complain, and do nothing to shape and protect our culture, we appear to be willing servants.
1~luv