Black Sisters & Brothers United Network

A Place For You - Of You - By You

Black Sisters & Brothers United Network
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: response to multiculturalism

ok now i get it----it's CULTURAL HIJACKING. WE CREATE, THEY STEAL....SAME SONG DIFFERENT DECADE....HOW LONG????? TOO LONG!!!!

PEACE, Ama

Re: Re: Re: Re: response to multiculturalism

First of all my statement about "support"...referred to your point that 80% of the audience at the event you mentioned was non-black. As for the raping of our culture....I think far too much energy is spent rambling on about things we cannot change. NO ONE can take away from us what is ours! They can imitate, mimic and come up with counterfeit copies, but they can NEVER be what they are not. This culutre that is ours is born to us and only we can represent. If they are so intrigued and facinated that they want so much to be like us....so be it. Let US not waste time worrying about what they are doing. Let US continue to be proud of who and what we are. Let US find ourselves attending venues that support our culture. Let us move forward in educating and working in our communities and bridging that gap that is so apparent between US. As long as they are successful in keeping our eyes on them....they will also be successful in keeping us from focusing on US.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: response to multiculturalism

sista NyOsha i understand your point completely. but what i am referring to is profit. as the author of this article has stated, there are people in this world who choose to use black culture as a commodity for their personal profit. a key component in controlling OUR culture and collective destiny is by controlling our community economically. in my opinion, it is not enough for us to just attend venues in our communities, but to own them and control the images seem inside them. but for the most part, WE are not doing this. someone else is controlling the images seen by OUR children in the venues in OUR communities. that's all i'm saying. no disrespect.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: response to multiculturalism

I also feel your point and appreciate the exchange of views.