Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Masters for Imperial Japanese Army in Attack are up

Gee sometimes BAYONETS are lost,shot off, or broken.Maybe that's why he doesn't have one. Cappy

I'm agnostic on whether or not there should be a clubbing Japanese guy in the set. But there is one set of Japanese opponents that has not been made by anyone and cries out for the Strelets treatment, and that is the KNIL. Please make a set, or two if you are really feeling your oats.

Hi Cappy

While it is possible that these things may happen, they are highly unlikely. The bayonet was the closest thing to a sword that the average Japanese soldier would ever get. The sword was a big deal in the "bushido" that made up WW2 Japanese culture. The Japanese soldier took very good care of it.

Pat Brennan

Pat Brennan
Hi Cappy

While it is possible that these things may happen, they are highly unlikely. The bayonet was the closest thing to a sword that the average Japanese soldier would ever get. The sword was a big deal in the "bushido" that made up WW2 Japanese culture. The Japanese soldier took very good care of it.

Pat Brennan

If I may, here are more pictures of fighting men that you would assert are historically highly unlikely. Prussians w/boyonets in nappy times, ww1 germans clubbing, and more, so much evidence. I'm going with Strelets sculptors and like the clubbing pose.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1920&bih=922&q=american+civil+war+hand+to+hand+fighting+paintings&oq=american+civil+war+hand+to+hand+fighting+paintings&gs_l=img.3...2583.24109.0.24459.68.16.9.43.46.0.196.2153.0j16.16.0....0...1ac.1.64.img..0.42.2323...0j0i8i30k1j0i24k1.v3fYG60UH_E#imgdii=0PRsGX6S4IUj-M:&imgrc=-EFve47j16PPeM:

BTW, "bushido" is a samurai thing, not Japanese thing. Not all of ww2 Japanese subscribed to the samurai philosophy. When the samurai class with their swords were outlawed, the samurai class were the founders of the Japanese Imperial Navy and Army who got them into trouble. I lived in Japan for 14 years and had many conversations with them. Don't mistake a high sense of pride and success as a group synonymous with all Japanese being of former samurai class nor minds ...

Masters for Imperial Japanese Army in Attack Ring Hands

Perhaps the ring hand is a solution for the soldier clubbing problem.

Make him a ring hand figure and give us a choice of a man with a rifle or a man with a sword.

If we got 48 poses in this set, then one guy clubbing would be okay.
My concern is we are getting 12 poses and 8% of them are clubbing and that just seems too many for my taste, three or four spures with one clubbing guy each is more than I really want once I buy 6 or 8 or 10 boxes of them. A platoon of clubbing guys is a bit much.

My first choice, would still be a man with a light machine gun and bayonet.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek
Bunker Talk blog

Re: Masters for Imperial Japanese Army in Attack Ring Hands

Mike Bunkermeister Creek
Perhaps the ring hand is a solution for the soldier clubbing problem.

Make him a ring hand figure and give us a choice of a man with a rifle or a man with a sword.

If we got 48 poses in this set, then one guy clubbing would be okay.
My concern is we are getting 12 poses and 8% of them are clubbing and that just seems too many for my taste, three or four spures with one clubbing guy each is more than I really want once I buy 6 or 8 or 10 boxes of them. A platoon of clubbing guys is a bit much.

My first choice, would still be a man with a light machine gun and bayonet.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek
Bunker Talk blog

Well said, Mike,

Thank you for being a gentleman!

GC

Hi GC

I had a long post ready to go. Then I decided that it was time to end our discussion.

Peace.

Pat Brennan

Pat Brennan
Hi GC

I had a long post ready to go. Then I decided that it was time to end our discussion.

Peace.

Pat Brennan

Hi Pat,

You don't need to say "peace" to me. You and I never did have a problem here in this thread, unless you want to fight someone else's fight for them. You know who, your choice. So moving on ...

I'd and others, I'm sure, would like to hear what you've got to say more about toy soldiers. I like all of the suggestions from the forum members recommend for poses. Strelets will ultimately make the final choice and maybe, just maybe, we'll see all of our ideas in this and future sets.

Since the ring-hand days, I've done many "hand-swops" (not weapon swops). I could design one pose that you could swop with hands attached - for swords, pistols, rifles, flags, grenades ... and only one figure.

I'd also like to hear about your knowledge and experiences with Japanese and Japan are. You have baited me! I acknowledge my opinion is mine alone, and I'm not a scholar.

Leave the clubbing guy as is I'd say. After all, this is an "attack" set. And this one is very well sculpted.

Should I find I don't need four of them, I will give some a shovel instead. Regards, Pa