Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: New ACW? Question For Strelets, Please

Dear GarrisonClay,

hopefully, you'll like these ones as well.

Best regards,

Strelets

Wow wow please release them soon!!

I'll second that, Traveller. Wonderful figures. Wonderful surprise.

Very good once again, a firing line must be on the way, cant wait to see it, bravo Strelets loving this stream of sculpts your showing us / teasing us with

Strelets
Dear GarrisonClay,

hopefully, you'll like these ones as well.

Best regards,

Strelets

Dearest Strelets,

You do know, don't you, that excitement and anticipation are one thing, but these "Teaser Pictures" are bordering on "Cruel and Unusual Punishment" to have to wait!

Your Sculptor has done his homework. I think your Painter Customers are going to really enjoy putting their brushes to these Military Miniatures.

For example these Attacking Confederates have a natural seam around the lower parts of their Kepis. These Southerners were famous for the top half of the Kepis being Yellow for Cavalry, Red for Artillery and maybe Light Blue for Infantry. Whereas, the Union Kepis are pretty much one solid color, just as your Union Cavalry Masters look to me.

Another cool feature, your Sculptor has done a wonderful job of shaping the Fixed Bayonets; they look authentic and strong, which nice for our 1/72 scale. And the Footwear, again, looks spot on with some tucked into their socks - Classic!

P.S. Hope to see more Blanket Rolls on those Southern Gentlemen - I really love that bigger looks better appearance of them wrapped around their torso's. Painters can have a field day painting up different patterns on those blankets - real eye pleasers when you see The Long Gray Lines marching across the battle fields and Wargamer's Tabletops.

I can't thank you enough again. Three cheers!

Please Strelets keep in mind that many of the existing sets by Imex. Esci, Accurate were small in scale, around 22-23 mm, these new ones produced by you should also be in that range. 25 or even 26mm will make them stand out too much!

Dear GarrisonClay,

life is full of surprises and not all of them are nasty.
Best regards,

Strelets

If that be so, then perhaps my long wait for ACW Union Iron Brigade early & late war in blue might finally be realized?!

Tho, I must admit, I'm still hoping for lots more War of 1812 sets!

Bert
If that be so, then perhaps my long wait for ACW Union Iron Brigade early & late war in blue might finally be realized?!

Tho, I must admit, I'm still hoping for lots more War of 1812 sets!

"Hey, finally a new ACW marching set!"
"Okay, but what about the colooooooooooor?!"

For Christ's sake...

Strelets
Dear GarrisonClay,

Best regards,

Strelets

Dear Strelets,

Call it superstition, or magic, or just plain ole looking up at the sky and wishing upon a falling star, I'm feeling anticipation and excitement. The Strelets Team is keeping me young forever - Thank you!

By the way, if I may state a preference regarding colors, I'm hoping any Confederate Gray or Union Blue will match your excellent Confederate General Staff and Union General Staff sets. I've got bunches of both these sets and they have been waiting for some new recruits to lead into battle. I can hear their buglers blowing the sound of revelry now.

Thank you Guys!

Strelets
Dear GarrisonClay,

Best regards,

Strelets

Re: New ACW?

This news is probably the most anticipated set ever, just some suggestions for Strelets:
-Must have fixed bayonets, the whole point and joy of seeing a marching column is the gleam of bayonets.
-Add a sprue with separate knapsacks customers can glue on the back of figures missing rolled blankets across the shoulder.
-Please think about size, not too large!