Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: British Infantry in Attack Masters

Dear Brian,

everything depends on the commercial outcome of these purpose-built sets. Should they prove to be a success, the line can be extended to other armies and periods.
Actual number of poses in a given set depends on its format (mini- or else) and number of moulds.
As time goes, we will find a right balance between variety, cost and return on investment. As you understand, none of these sides should prevail for the account of the others, otherwise it will all end up where Revell, Airfix, ESCI and other companies.

Best regards,

Strelets

Another very nice set.

I know everyone has their own personal preferences, but for me I am very happy to see a set of advancing figures without introducing other incompatible poses.

Otherwise we would end up with sets like Airfix or other manufacturers, where you have to purchase a large number of sets to obtain units in one pose, and are left with large surplus of figures if the sets contain numbers of undesired poses (for me that includes firing, loading, unrealistic running or casualty poses) - but as I said, it comes down to personal preference and the purchasers intended use of the figures.

Danny

Dear Danny,

we may disappoint you, but there will be "incompatible poses" in this set as well. The masters, that you can see now, don't have command group yet. It will be added as soon as we will have the masters.

Best regards,

Strelets

You may make a better commercial return from mixed sets

If a set has 40 marching figures, a person may buy one set.

But if it is a mixed set, with only 5 marching figures, that same person may buy 8 boxes to get the 40 marching figures he wants.

Me, I love the "all marching", but I wonder if commercially it is the best idea.

Good luck - I will be buying the Poles, Scots and Brits, and rather hope you may do some less well know types for Napoleonics, like 1805-7 Russians marching, or Prussians for Jena 1806 in bicornes.

Marc

I'm not a Napoleonic collector so I'm being cheeky throwing in my twopence worth but Hat seem to have done OK with their MAC approach and I can't see why Strelets wouldn't have the same success. It's very much horses for courses and any period that has large drilled formations would lend itself to sets where very similar poses are required in large numbers. I am still waiting for a set of decent renaissance pike. Dark Alliance managed to produce some brilliant half-orcs with integral pikes (a little short but not catastrophically so) but so far no manufacturer has managed to do that for human beings who actually existed and if Strelets were to favour us with such a set of landsknechts, for example, I would be buying them in large numbers.

Buy did HaT do well commercially?

We did, as collectors, but was the financial return as good as expected?

Hi Marc, I would think so, those HaT MAC sets can be hard to find now. I always expected them to do ACW in a similar format but it appears Strelets has beaten them to the punch!

Hi Strelets,

I note that this set has 12 poses and you have already posted that command figures are still to be added. My questions is will they be the same four command poses in the marching set

I look forward to hearing your response so that i can update my pre order currently sitting at 40 boxes worth.

Will we be lucky enough to see many of these sets under the Xmas tree, I have been very good this year.

many thanks

Allan

I always thought the command sets were better as white metal personality figures otherwise you end up with surplus figures which have poor conversion potential. OK if you want to do a diorama of synchronised flag waving cheer leader style troops or a Tattoo drumming spectacular.
The term "attack" is surely to be taken at face value as some of the poses could be the platoon moving to fire or part of the file moving to fire their flintlocks whether that is a firing or an attack pose is therefore open to debate or preference.
The flintlock once loaded would be carried at half **** and then shot at full **** with the mechanism literally moving up a notch. The visual difference is a bit more space between the flint and the frizzen at full cock. The right hand would be closer to the trigger at full cock. Therefore the pose gives a good idea of where the soldier is in the firing sequence. For those lucky enough to have seen re enactors there is of course more loading , movement than bang bang. Fixed bayonets and firing would be if there was a danger of cavalry or the imminent closing of enemy infantry eg a French column. For the counter attack I would have thought some of the flintlocks with bayonets would have been more horizontal and the poses a little more vigorous. Some of the old worm bayonetting poses and the formation team of musket clubbers still exist in many miniature firing lines but Strelets venture seems to be an attempt, to use an expression, to go beyond half **** realism.
I would recommend Osprey The Flintlock Musket- Stuart Reid (2016) and British Napoleonic Infantry Tactics-Philip Haythornthwaite as I have run out of stamina and they do it much better than me.

Sorry this madcap mindless censoring thought I meant ***** rather than a male fowl so **** = (0(k . It must rule it out for ornithologists though if you wish to or already have put an expletive there fine by me.

Dear Allan,

rest assured, command group will be different.
Plan is to release 3 Napoleonic marching sets before Christmas.
We don't know which country you are from, assuming you live in the UK, all going well, you'll have them by Christmas for sure. We are less confident about countries, outside continental Europe, as transit times can be quite lengthy, especially this time of the year.

Best regards,

Strelets

Thank you strelets,

I feel sorry for my niece and nephew, will have to tell them santa's diet failed and he cant make it down my chimney which is in sunny Scotland. I look forward to my great xmas, which is thankfully going to come via more traditional transport methods.

keep up the great work,

Allan

Another great looking set.
Any plans I had for the next few months are being thrown into jeopardy by all these recent sets....

Dear Allan,

you kinda make us feel guilty , especially if your niece and nephew are little ones.
Best regards,

Strelets

I am never disappointed as I will be very happy with command figures. I always consider these a bonus and not an expectation.

If there are other poses I will buy them regardless.

Thank you for your continued output.

Curse you, Strelets. I have all the British infantry I need. Now I am going to have to replace them. How very inconsiderate of you.

I do like the 12 attack poses, very much!

Well, Colin T,

we are on different sides of a barricade on this issue, aren't we ?

On a serious note, there's nothing unusual about situation you've just described - we've, during our still not very extensive lifespan, witnessed emergence of pagers, fax machines and other devices, that were completely phased out due to advances of even newer products, that substituted all previous ones within a very short period of time.

Best regards,

Strelets

Tell you what - I'll buy even more if you'll think about doing a similar set for the Crimea ...

These figures I absolutely love so will have to have about ten boxes, but as a collector I do hope that the box art is better than it has been, as I enjoy the box art as much as the figures but lately I think it isn't the best, in fact its not that good at all. Please stretlets R go back to your original type of box as they were much better.
Many thanks Phil

I know in these days of internet searches and access to information it is easy to research how your soldiers should look when painted but I still like to have a handy reference available right there on the box.
So I for one like your new box art style.