Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sters in preparation.

Dear Strelets and dear all, Is it my impression or the Polish, British infantry and the Highlanders on the march, in preparation, are compatible in size to the soldiers of Zvezda, Hat, Italeri, Waterloo 1815 etc.? I would like to congratulate with Strelts as the previews of such new products look fantastic! I would also like to express a wish: in my opinion the Austrian infantry in Hungarian uniform (with shako), is not adequatly represented by any of the sets so far issued on the market. Would it be possible to take in consideration such a subject for a new set?
Thanks. Giovanni

Re: Sters in preparation.

Hi Giovanni,

As I am sure your aware Strelets figures in general have always been a different style to other figures when compared, a little chunkier especially heads and weapons and do not blend in well with the other manufacturers, the latest marching sets do appear to be a lot closer match to other figures and still retain excellent facial detail, I am very optimistic these will be as good if not better then the best manufacturers.

You must have read my mind when you suggested Austrian Infantry in Hungarian uniform (with shako), I have been waiting for a good time to ask Strelets for this very much neglected Napoleonic Army, Hat have some nice Masters of Austrian Infantry in German uniform and there is renewed hope these will at last be made, but nothing for the Hungarian style Austrians.

Re: Sets in preparation.

Dear Brian,
Thanks for your kind answer. Pending the production of decent plastic Hungarian -Austrians in 1:72 scale, have you any suggestion about other manufacturers making such a subject (even in white metal) for an accetable price?
Best regards.
Giovanni.

Re: Sets in preparation.

Hi Giovanni,

For cost effective plastic figures there is HaT Austrian Line Infantry they need modification to gaiters or Hat Austrian Grenzers they have no rear peak on shako and both sets are hard to find at the moment.

For more expensive Metal figures Art Miniaturen I have never bought from them and I don't know how they look compared to plastic figures, I would be interested to hear of anyone's experience of buying from them, but I think the best thing to do might be to encourage and wait to see if Strelets make some.

I would also like to support the idea for Austrian infantry in Hungarian uniform with shakos

Thanks. Giovanni.