Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Pole`s marching -Strelets is listening to its customers

Dear Strelets

It is always good to see the development of new Napoleonic figure sets.
For me many of your sets have shown to have figures in a multitude of individual poses portraying great animation and packed with character. Traits of Strelets sets I regard highly.

Although the Strelets previous/earlier sculpting style may be an acquired taste (re: slightly chunky figs), I am very happy to see that Strelets recent sculpting is evolving and becoming much more refined in style. I hope this trend continues and is finely tuned in regards to the evolution of your sculpting.
I would hope to see future figures showing clearly defined detail and figures portraying good realistic proportional size in terms of their physical attributes/anatomical appearance (head, torso, limbs) and the equipment they carry (e.g weapons)
I very much hope that future Napoleonic sets are sculpted by the gentleman who created the Highlanders on the March set.

Unfortunately I will have to cast a critical eye upon the Polish Infantry Marching set and with respect may I express the following:

* I really like that the set contains a large variety/number of individual marching figures poses

However

* The legs on the figures seem to be a little on the slim/thin side
* The NCO just looks somewhat a little awkward/unnatural in portraying his movement
* My worries and concern also extend to that some of the figures faces/head seem slightly big on some of the figures. However this could be due to the anatomy of the figure as a whole.
(Sadly I feel figures with slightly big faces/heads do not blend very well with other manufacturers sets)

Ideally I would be grateful if not excitably ecstatic if the anatomical proportions of future Napoleonic figures made by Strelets compared favourably in size for example with sets like Zvezda Russian Heavy Infantry Grenadiers, Zvezda French Old Guard or even the recently released Waterloo1815 French Infantry Marching. I hope this is the standard of Napoleonic sculpting quality the talented and gifted Strelets sculptors strive to move towards - the Highlanders on the March have shown the way... I very much hope this is the beginning of something special by Strelets in the realms of which encompasses all that is Napoleonic.

Wishing you a future of great success

Best regards
Libero