Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Dark Age kits - which sets will be included?

I am sorry to disagree a bit;

I like a lot the new figures, and also the old included sets,(no problem in acquiring them again)

But I find it quite dissapointing having for instance the old saxon (battle and before battle ) repeated , not one time but twice in two of these new Big-Sets..(Stamsford Bridge and Saxon Army)

If i go for all of them (as I did with roman LegiOn, Medieval Britain etc.), I will have to get obliged 3 times the same figures!!!

Also the "new unique figures" seem to appear repeated between "Stamsford Bridge" and "saxon Army" sets..

For having all of the "unique figures" i am obliged to double them as well ?¿?...

Why mixing vikings and saxons like that? It would have been better boxes like "Saxon Army", "Norman Army" and "Viking Army".. All of them separated...

What do the rest think?

Hi PNA, I am very happy with the make up of all the sets. While there is some duplication this is not a problem for me as I missed buying the foot figures the first time around. Also while I will be buying all sets, possibly multiples of each, not everyone may do this. Some may purchase the Stamford Bridge set, but not want Hastings etc.

Also not everyone may have the budget to buy all the sets, so duplication will not be an issue for them.There is also the aspect of commercial reality for Strelets, and the extra production costs of making unique figures for every set, so i see this as a happy compromise.

I think the mixed battle set is a good idea and possibly more likely to encourage younger and newer members to the hobby. I see it a a modern day version of the old Esci and Airfix battle sets.

I totally like the new incredible sprues and the boxart. I liked a lot the olds sets. I do not mind in repeating sprues and respect the selling policy of Strelets. But to make me repeating so many sprues suddenly ( If I want all, I will keep 6 new sprues of saxon shieldwall+ my older 4 = 10 sprues!! I do not need so many, will you want mine?

It is budget of course, but also space and some annoying sensation that I am being cheated. And I bought all big boxes before,never a trobule with that concept.
For instance norman camp was better idea for me, just repeated normant mounted in the march and 2 sprues of marching infantry..i can combine that ok. And now Norman army is also ok, they come with the old fighting norman sprues, which are fine and really different to get at the time around.So i get no more than 8 sprues total of norman shieldwall, for example, or 6 sprues of nrorman in the march.

So sorry, I feel like that.