Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: english foot soldiers masters

I would complain about yet another set of English foot soldiers in a market glutted with them, (Tho not as glutted as it is with WW2 Germans!) but you are right, **** these guys look good! & HURRAH, finally a new unique Streltsi figure! Hmmmmmmmm, but what color should they be in? I'm not at all thrilled with the notion of them in brick red & I imagine metallic red is out of the question. Silver? Flat black? Gray would go with all my French. Tan would fit in with some of my English.

Great looking soldiers. Color wise I'd hope for:

1. Same Excellent Silver Color of your Normans, or
2. A Nice Flat Black, or
3. Terracotta Red.

NO MORE GRAY; NO MORE TAN. (PERIOD)

I have not noticed people clamouring for these figures in this forum. Maybe people write directly to Strelets and the "wants" views in this forum are not typical.
There are lots of gaps in other manufacturers Medieval time spans (usually 14th /15th c. covered) but Strelets have to their credit issued quite a few sets of this period (13th/14th centuries) -crossbowmen, Levy 1, Levy 2, military order sergeants, military order warriors, Scottish army of Bruce, Scottish Schiltron, English cavalry of Edward I and so on. It must come to a total of over a hundred poses maybe a lot more. Lots of sculpting styles as well. I have many of these sets. For new collectors maybe but not for me.

i would love to see another english cavalry set,in this new style.

Not my thing, and no expert on the period, but the axes seem over represented and the poleaxe a tad chunky, but nice sculpting once again.

Has anyone else noticed that at least 3 (1st halberdier, 2 handed axeman and 2 handed swordsman) are directly based upon the old 54mm Airfix Medieval Men at Arms?

http://www.airfix132.de/Medieval-figures%20Unterseite_14.jpg

I love this sort of tribute to classic figures of the past. I recall both the Orion and the Emhar Viking sets had many figures inspired by the Marx Viking set.