Bexar Genealogy Message Forum

Please feel free to join the message forum discussions.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Curbello info

I've recently traced my ancestry to the Curbello family of the Canary Islands. It was always rumored that my grandmother was of Spanish decent but I was able to prove it. Her grandmother on her father's side was Ellen Curbello. I'm interested in learning all that I can about this side of my ancestry. If anyone has any info that they could share I would be grateful.

Re: Curbello info

I am from Canary Islands, Curbelo surname is most frecuently in Tenerife North, like La Orotava, La Matanza, Santa Ursula etc.

Im a direct defendant of domingo curbelo the name was also changed a lil bit courvelle was taken along the way by a son Defonse curbelo..
If you look up the link i havr posted for my website u csn see what is more than likely ur family tree ..or look up canary islanders association on fb

My GGGG Grandmother was Ellen LaMirande who married Pedro N. Curbello. Their daughter Gertrude Curbello was my GGG Grandmother. Pedro and Ellen were married in Louisiana and moved to Refugio,Texas during the Civil War. Pedro and Ellen are buried in Mt. Calvary Cemetery in Refugio, Texas. If you would like to call me, you may do so at 281-659-3681. I live near Pearland Texas, southeast of Houston.