Frances Farmer Forum

Please use this message board as a means of discussing issues related to Frances Farmer.

Frances Farmer Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Frances Farmer Lecture November 1

Joseph Stockdale was the head of the Theater Department at Purdue when Frances was artist in residence there. He directed her in most (maybe all) of the plays in which she appeared there. In fact, when she was contacted to return to Broadway in the late 60s, she insisted that if it came to pass that Stockdale be hired to direct her.

In terms of the less frequent posting, I think it's only natural. When this site started, the internet was still pretty new to all of us, and a lot of us were in the "first flush" of realizing there were other Farmer fans out there. In the intervening years, a lot of questions have been answered and a lot of information has been shared--there's really only so much you can say (though I keep coming up with stuff, LOL).

Re: Frances Farmer - would you know about Anthony Hale Collection?

Hello - Per above, where did Anthony Hale do his
photography work with Francis Farmer?

You can call me toll-free 1-866-676-0766

Hyman Brenner, 678 Wash. St., Lynn, MA 01901

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Joseph Stockdale was the head of the Theater Department at Purdue when Frances was artist in residence there. He directed her in most (maybe all) of the plays in which she appeared there. In fact, when she was contacted to return to Broadway in the late 60s, she insisted that if it came to pass that Stockdale be hired to direct her.

In terms of the less frequent posting, I think it's only natural. When this site started, the internet was still pretty new to all of us, and a lot of us were in the "first flush" of realizing there were other Farmer fans out there. In the intervening years, a lot of questions have been answered and a lot of information has been shared--there's really only so much you can say (though I keep coming up with stuff, LOL).

Re: Re: Frances Farmer - would you know about Anthony Hale Collection?

Anthony is waaaay too young to have worked with Frances (correct me if I'm wrong, Anthony). He is simply another Farmer memorabilia collector with a lot of photos. Speaking of which, I am going to try (try being the operative word) to upload the complete 2022 series to the photos section of my Farmer site over the coming year.

Thank you for your reply -

Perhaps you can advise about locating movie stills,
possibly in color - (public domain ?) -
Badlands of Dakota 1941 (do I have this right ?)

Could you call me - toll-free 1-866-676-0766

Hyman Brenner, 678 Wash. St., # 314, Lynn, MA 01901

Re: Thank you for your reply -

Joe Stockdale is still around and recently contacted a Theatre friend of mine about a play he had written about Frances. He was also interviewed in the A/E Biography that JMK was on.

Re: Frances Farmer - would you know about Anthony Hale Collection?

well ive just came across this forum... how cool! And to see I was a topic is even better..Even though im like five years late.LOL....Yes im just a fan of frances farmer with a lot of stuff on her...At the time of this post back in 2006 I was just 36 years old...So as the wonderful JMK said I was and still am waaaay to young to have known her..I wish I did though.Ive collected on her for years now and I still think she was the most beautiful woman Ive ever seen.She will always be in my heart... Miss you miss farmer... R.I.P..... anthony hale