Frances Farmer Forum

Please use this message board as a means of discussing issues related to Frances Farmer.

Frances Farmer Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: NBC Matinee Theatre???

Yes, I submitted that listing to IMDb after having found original television listings for it. The interesting thing is, it was broadcast on *two* different days that week, despite being a supposedly live broadcast. So that would mean there would at least have to be a kinescope if not an actual videotape (I'm not even sure that was a technology yet by 1958). And the best part of it is, if it exists, it should be in color (though sometimes the kinescopes are b&w, even if the original broadcast was color).

Re: Re: NBC Matinee Theatre???

What exactly was this show? A drama? comedy? Who else was in it?

Re: Re: Re: NBC Matinee Theatre???

Matinee Theater was a daily afternoon "live" (supposedly--though considering my earlier post, it seems it may not have been) show showcasing different stars and stories every day, a la the weekly primetime series Playhouse 90 and Studio One. What set Matinee Theater apart is that is was one of the first daytime shows (probably one of the first network shows *ever*) to be broadcast in color (remember this was the late 50s). If you do a Google on NBC Matinee Theater you'll find some sites devoted to various episodes. Frances' episode was called "Something Stolen, Something Blue," and co-starred Dolores Hart. Frances played the mother, Dolores the daughter. Dolores' character has just been left waiting at the altar and the two characters attempt to find out why the prospective groom stood her up.

Re: Re: Re: Re: NBC Matinee Theatre???

Any luck locating this?