Return to Website

Evolution: Creation, Darwin or Natural?

A forum to discuss all aspects of the subject ranging from the Creation v Evolution debate to scientific areas of conflict where Natural Realities are causing conventional Theory to be re-examined.

Evolution: Creation, Darwin or Natural?
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Some quotes from Darwin...Creationist should like these!!!!!!!

I found these quotes on evolution interesting because they are from evolutionists. The last quotes are from the bible and I think they explains the confusion. They are as follows:

Not one change of species into another is on record...we cannot prove that a single species has been changed."

Charles Darwin, My Life & Letters

The geological record is extremely imperfect and this fact will to a large extent explain why we do not find interminable varieties, connecting together all the extinct and existing forms of life by the finest graduated steps. He who rejects these views on the nature of the geological record, will rightly reject my whole theory. For he may ask in vain where are the numberless transitional (missing) links which must formerly have connected the closely allied or representative."

-Charles Darwin, The Origin of Species

The geological record is extremely imperfect and this fact will to a large extent explain why we do not find interminable varieties, connecting together all the extinct and existing forms of life by the finest graduated steps. He who rejects these views on the nature of the geological record, will rightly reject my whole theory. For he may ask in vain where are the numberless transitional (missing) links which must formerly have connected the closely allied or representative."

There are only two possibilities as to how life arose. One is spontaneous generation arising to evolution; the other is a supernatural creative act of God. There is no third possibility. Spontaneous generation, that life arose from non-living matter was scientifically disproved 120 years ago by Louis Pasteur and others. That leaves us with the only possible conclusion that life arose as a supernatural creative act of God. I will not accept that philosophically because I do not want to believe in God. Therefore, I choose to believe in that which I know is scientifically impossible; spontaneous generation arising to evolution”.

- Dr. George Wald, Professor Emeritus of Biology at Harvard University, Nobel Prize winner in Physiology

"There is not a single instance of transformation of one species into another."

-Dr. T.H. Morgan of the California Institute of Technology

"To the unprejudiced, the fossil record of plants is in favor of special creation. Can you imagine how an orchid, a duck weed, and a palm have come from the same ancestry, and have we any evidence for this assumption? The evolutionist must be prepared with an answer, but I think that most would break down before an inquisition." - E.J.H. Corner, botanist of Cambridge University

"One of its (evolutions) weak points is that it does not have any recognizable way in which conscious life could have emerged." - Sir John Eccles, Nobel Prize winner in Physiology

"All of us who study the origin of life find that the more we look into it, the more we feel that it is too complex to have evolved anywhere. We believe as an article of faith that life evolved from dead matter on this planet. It is just that its complexity is so great, it is hard for us to imagine that it did." - Dr. Harold Urey, Nobel Prize winner in Chemistry

After reading these words from some the most admired evolutionists ever, would you say that the evidence points more towards spontaneous generation and evolution or divine creation?

If the answer is creation, who created it?

There is only one person in recorded history who claims to be the eternal creator of the universe who had no beginning. He is the Anointed One.

"The God of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God". II Corinthians 4:4

You will be ever hearing but never understanding. You will be ever seeing but never perceiving. The hearts of these people have become calloused. They hardly hear with their ears and they have closed their eyes. Matthew 13:14-15

Through faith we understand that the universe was framed by the word of God so that things which are seen were not made of things which are visible. Hebrews 11:3

God gives life to the dead and calls into existence things that do not exist. Romans 4:17I found these quotes on evolution interesting because they are from evolutionists. The last quotes are from the bible and I think they explains the confusion. They are as follows:

Not one change of species into another is on record...we cannot prove that a single species has been changed."

There are only two possibilities as to how life arose. One is spontaneous generation arising to evolution; the other is a supernatural creative act of God. There is no third possibility. Spontaneous generation, that life arose from non-living matter was scientifically disproved 120 years ago by Louis Pasteur and others. That leaves us with the only possible conclusion that life arose as a supernatural creative act of God. I will not accept that philosophically because I do not want to believe in God. Therefore, I choose to believe in that which I know is scientifically impossible; spontaneous generation arising to evolution”.

- Dr. George Wald, Professor Emeritus of Biology at Harvard University, Nobel Prize winner in Physiology

"To the unprejudiced, the fossil record of plants is in favor of special creation. Can you imagine how an orchid, a duck weed, and a palm have come from the same ancestry, and have we any evidence for this assumption? The evolutionist must be prepared with an answer, but I think that most would break down before an inquisition." - E.J.H. Corner, botanist of Cambridge University

"One of its (evolutions) weak points is that it does not have any recognizable way in which conscious life could have emerged." - Sir John Eccles, Nobel Prize winner in Physiology

"All of us who study the origin of life find that the more we look into it, the more we feel that it is too complex to have evolved anywhere. We believe as an article of faith that life evolved from dead matter on this planet. It is just that its complexity is so great, it is hard for us to imagine that it did." - Dr. Harold Urey, Nobel Prize winner in Chemistry

After reading these words from some the most admired evolutionists ever, would you say that the evidence points more towards spontaneous generation and evolution or divine creation?

There is only one person in recorded history who claims to be the eternal creator of the universe who had no beginning. He is the Anointed One.

"The God of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God". II Corinthians 4:4

You will be ever hearing but never understanding. You will be ever seeing but never perceiving. The hearts of these people have become calloused. They hardly hear with their ears and they have closed their eyes. Matthew 13:14-15

Through faith we understand that the universe was framed by the word of God so that things which are seen were not made of things which are visible. Hebrews 11:3

God gives life to the dead and calls into existence things that do not exist. Romans 4:17I found these quotes on evolution interesting because they are from evolutionists. The last quotes are from the bible and I think they explains the confusion. They are as follows:

God gives life to the dead and calls into existence things that do not exist. Romans 4:17

Re: Some quotes from Darwin...Creationist should like these!!!!!!!

Alot has changed since Darwin said those words. Have you taken any college Biology courses?

Re: Re: Some quotes from Darwin...Creationist should like these!!!!!!!

I find that the current crop of school science teachers - at least here in the UK - are not even aware of the work of people like Michael Behe, the brilliant molecular biologist. Behe has - effectively - shown that evolution could not have happened because of the principle of Irreducible Complexity. To Darwin, the human cell was just a blob of gunk, not a lot more. But people like Behe have shown that the human cell is a miniature factory of amazing complexity - moreover, you take one part away and nothing works!

I don't know if this will work, but can you answer a question for me. I'm doing a research paper in my English class on Creation vs. Evolution and I need to know where you got the quote from Dr. George Wald. That quote is such a testimony for creation that I have to use it, but I need to document the source. Please help me!! I've been looking everywhere for it and I can't find it anywhere. thanks so much, Sherry Cox

Re: Re: Some quotes from Darwin...Creationist should like these!!!!!!!

"When if comes to the origin of life on this earth, there are only two possibilities: creation or spontaneous generation (evolution). There is no third way. Spontaneous generation was disproved 100 years ago, but that leads us only to one other conclusion: That of supernatural creation. We cannot accept that on philosophical grounds (personal reasons); therefore, we choose to believe the impossible: that life arose spontaneously by chance." (Dennis Lindsay, "The Dinosaur Dilemma," Christ for the Nations, Vol. 35, No. 8, November, 1982, pp. 4-5, 14.)
http://www.av1611.org/kjv/mevolu1.html

There is a small but growing group of people that reject both creation and Darwin. They have a new theory the "assisted evolution" theory.

There is no natural evolution.
This is based on beings from outer space that have been comming here to Earth for thousands of years to monitor, experiment, engineer DNA, through abductions on /to people here on Earth.
We are "containers" of DNA. Being kept like lab rats for their uses.
At times people are "harvested" to serve "duty" to grow, populate other planets similar to Earth.
Many higher ups in governments know this has been going on a long time and still is going on now and are trying to keep a lid on it so as not to create mass panic in the population.

A crazy as this sounds it will come to light some day.
I fear that the truth may be too much for some to handle and there really will be a social break down as people form two camps (it's ok / it's not ok camps)as to what to do about it.
The governments are really power less to stop it and they know it.

I agree with this theory also based on my study of UFOs.
Sure this theory had a high giggle factor for me too until I spent the last ten years checking it out.

No more giggles now.

To say that Spontaneous Generation was "disproved" is sky-high rhetoric. It may have happened in the past, it MUST have happened in the past on Earth if no where else. The true alternative is that life has always been here, there is no beginning. Either it started, or it did not start. To draw a distiction between SG and creationism in the form of SG is not a matter of biology, but of metaphysics. If you believe in God, you can take any natural occurrence and say it is generated by God. If natural processes form life, if it's an "accident", it's spontaneous generation. If a chair falls and lands on it's legs, that's also spontaneous, as the term is defined by Aristotle (Physics book 2),and then applied to biogenesis (Natural History). Ultimately, "Did God do it?" is a very important question; for biological purposes, it's irrelevant.

I think SG is a "bad word" amongst certain groups, but the concept is alive & well. It's why we search for life on Mars! Why not start an argument about whether the Earth revolves around the Sun due to gravity or due to God?If it's because you think God "bent" the rules of physics occasionally, and one of those times was to create physical life on Earth...then why didn't he...make the physical laws of the unverse the way he wanted them at the start? Would an all-knowing God have to break his own rules?